ARTICLE 1 - NAME
The name of the organization shall be Raoul Wallenberg Jewish Democratic Club.
ARTICLE 2 - PURPOSE
The purposes of the organization shall be to:
Article 3 - Membership, Dues, Voting
Article 4 - Officers
(1) Attending membership meetings, Board meetings, and special events;
(2) Promoting membership;
(3) Helping with special events with organization and sale of tickets;
(4) Appearing and representing our Club at other Club's or candidate's events, and
(5) Providing guidance to the Club in all areas.
Each member of the Board of Directors may be assigned to a Committee at the discretion of the President. Each Board member will be expected to be an active member by attending committee meetings and performing committee assignments. Lack of partici pation as deemed by the Committee Chair shall be used as consideration for removal from the Board of Directors.
(1) The Executive Board shall have the power to hold closed meetings. Such meetings may be called by any member of the Executive Board. Notice of this closed meeting shall be given to the Executive Board, if feasible;
(2) The Executive Board shall have the power to schedule business meetings to be attended by dues-paying members only, and
(3) Any person wishing to address the Executive Board shall advise the Club in advance of the meeting.
Article 5 – Election of Officers and BOARD OF DIRECTORS; Term of Office
Article 6 - Committees
(a) The chair of the Political Action Committee shall be the Club Vice-President of Political Action.
(b) It shall be the duty of the Political Action Committee to monitor the local, state, and national political climates; to identify issues on which the Club should take action, to investigate and conduct impartial hearings on issues confronting the Club, to identify and conduct the endorsement process for Executive Board consideration for local non-artisan, Democratic primary and general elections, including candidates, ballot measures and other issues.
(a) The chair of the Program Development Committee shall be the Club Vice-President for Program Development.
(b) It shall be the duty of the Program Development Committee to plan the agenda of the general membership meeting, including special speakers and topics of interest to Club members; and to identify and discuss issues and make recommendations to the Executive Board.
(a) The chair of the Membership/Funding Committee shall be the Club Vice President for Membership/ Funding. The Club Treasurer shall serve on this committee.
(b) It shall be the duty of the Membership/Funding committee to keep membership records and to notify club members of upcoming dues; to plan and coordinate social and fundraising activities designed to recruit new members and to give the Club a financial base.
ARTICLE 7 - ENDORSEMENTS
Article 8 - Meetings
ARTICLE 9 - AMENDMENTS